Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Once upon time, in a faraway land, lived a girl named Jane whom her thoughts are always on 'love'. She has been fascinated by 'love' since she was a little girl. She doesnt know why, but really, it was because she was raised in an environment that encourages such thought. She was raised among fairytales, happily ever after stories, Cinderella, Snowhite you name it, she has seen it all. And it was because she has seen all these movies, she dreamed that one day, she too will find her prince charming, who would love her endlessly, care for her tireslessly and would make her happy forever after. Little did she know, reality isnt as what has been portrayed in fairytales. Things are slightly more complicated and only the strong and the brave, could endure it. Jane was a strong and bravehearted girl and believe that everything can be made right. But one day, her faith was shaken as she had to decide what she has to do, that would uphold her belief'life is endlessly good' and at the same time, do what is right in the eyes of the societies that may cause pain.
Jack : Jane sweetheart, I want you to know that I love you so much that I would do anything for you, anything to make you happy...but you know, we can't keep seeing each other in secrets anymore.
Jane: But Jack, we did not actually chose to do this. We had to ..'coz if not, we wouldnt be able to see each other, ever...and we wouldnt actually have these wonderful memories that we're living now...
Jack: I love our every moment together, you know I do, it's just, I want to do this right. You're a special girl to me Jane, you changed my life forever since the first time we knew each other. You make me believe in myself than I ever had. I know you are the girl for me and I am the man for you, therefore, I want to do this right.
..Jane: What are you saying Jack?...
Jack: I would like to make you my wife..
Jane: You do?
Jack: Yes ( he smiled)...the love you gave me is so very special, how could I treat it wrongly, how could I abuse it when it is meant to be treated like the greatest gift of all. Jane, will you marry me?
Jane: Yes!..a thousand times yes my darling! But Jack, ...
Jack: So can I meet your parents now?
Jane: I was afraid you were going to say that...Jack, you do know that my parents will never agree to this, they want me to graduate first, get a job, settled, then think about marriage...I dont think its possible right now...
Jack: Hmm, I thought you were going to say that, thats why...I came prepared...
Jane: huh?
Jack: I will be leaving here first thing next week. I got a job interview at the Ronx, and I really think I have a chance there, so..while you study in New Orleans , I would be working there, and by the time both of us are getting on our feet, we'll come back here and get married.
Jane: You're leaving me? ...What? I thought you promised not ever to part with me, you were going to follow me...
Jack: I cant Jane...if I follow you, I wont be able to resist myself from hugging you, kissing you..thats going to distract you from your studies...
Jane: No it wont Jack, how could you say that..? I..
Jack: Sweetheart, it is not that hard. I am not leaving you, I am not leaving us...I am just giving ourselves a time away from each other, achieve what we want in life, then later, we can be together.
Jane: I cant live being apart from you! Jack...
Jack: That is one fo the reasons Im doing this. Our love is so intense that I was afraid that if we ever lose each other, both of us will go crazy and die in pain. I dont want us to be like that Jane. I want to be able to know that you can survive on your own without me, but at the same time loving me and endure the longing we both have for each other. I love you so much that I know I would be devastated to lose you. As long as you love me, miss me, long for me, that's where I'll be, with you.
Jane: Jack, we will be together again..wont we?
Jack: As long as I breathe, yes my darling, we will...but if something happens in between...know that..
Jane: No..no dont say that Jack, please...I cant stand imagining it...
Jack: Jane...shh...if something does happen, know that I always love you till the very end, and I want you to be happy...and our love will keep us going no matter where we go...can you say it to me now Jane?
Jane: No..
Jack: please...I need to hear it from your lips..I need it to survive..
Jane: I will always love you Jack till the last breath in me, till in heaven where we will meet each other again,and my love for you would be the drug to keep you alive...and you better come back and marry me to stay living! ( they both laughed)
Jack: I'm here...
Jane: I love you Jack...
Jack : I love you too...

to be continued...

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete