Sunday, December 13, 2009

todaY'S progress

dear feelin' it,
I texted him just now, telling him, that if he needed anything, we'd be there for him. I used the pronoun 'we' because I did not want him to feel annoyed or any of the sort. 'We' indicates togetherness and includes a lot of people in it, and not me alone. I also want him to know that he is not alone and he could depend on us for anything. We would do our best to help.

I just finished another song, alhamdulillah...
It has been a long time since I wrote a song based on other themes than love. This time, it is about a kid who had a dream to shine out one day as someone he/she really wants to be. In my case, I want to shine out as someone...flexible, who can do a lot of things, knows a lot, and will try my best to help the people around me as best as I could. This song is not mainly about me, it is written generally for anyone who feels that way.

Here's the song:

I was a child
who had a dream
that somebody would be coming
looking for me
Someone who will... realize..
that I have something in my veins
a hidden talent or a grace
who would take me away into their arms
and put me on top

chorus:

I was a dreamer
and I'm still am
I had nobody but myself
to lend a hand
I had a dream to go far
And I believe that I could
though slowly I would
I just believe that I could do it
and make it come to life..

Oh...there's not much that I can do
but work hard and make it through
Oh..I won't give up..
until I try to make it come true...

I was a child
who had a dream..
that I'd be standing on top, right now
livin' up my dream yeaah..

chorus

So, what do you think? I'm still trying to put the melody in, it might take a while for I have not mastered playing the guitar yet.
Still struggling...but I'm not giving it up just yet..
I will try to make it happen..somehow..
I shall not put it to a rest...

No comments:

Post a Comment